“At RelevanSi we are committed to conserving the environment and spreading the green message through green practices, education and communication. As a company we focus on helping green businesses be more relevant online, but we ourselves are also active in the green movement. We constantly monitor our own environmental impact and strive to identify how we can improve on this. We believe that sustainable values should be deeply ingrained within business practices and at RelevanSi the two function side by side. Furthermore, it is important to us that our green practices continue outside the office and we encourage our staff to make environmentally responsible choices and to be involved with the green community. Finally, we are currently working on our own non-profit side project which aims to raise awareness of environmental issues in Argentina, and world-wide. Together, we can make a difference.”
Our Sustainability Policy
Below is outline of the sustainability policy we follow here at RelevanSi. By following these principles and using them as a guideline on how to conduct business we are moving towards a greener future for our company.
Sustainable use of natural resources
We will make sustainable use of renewable natural resourcs such as water, soils and forests. We will conserve non-renewable natural resources through efficient use and careful planning.
Reduction and disposal of wastes
We will reduce and where possible eliminate waste through source reduction, re-use and recycling. All waste will be disposed of through responsible methods.
We will conserve energy and improve energy efficiency in our office. We will make every effort to use environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources.
We will source locally where possible and support local businesses. We will engage with local environmental groups and contribute to various environmental communities thereby helping to spread the green message.
Safe products and services
We will reduce possible eliminate the use, manufacture or sale of products and services that cause environmental damage or health or safety hazards. We will inform our customers of the environmental impacts of our products or services and try to correct unsafe use.
Informing the public
We will be throuroughly transparent about our environmental impact, keeping the public constantly informed of our progress. Not only this, we will strive to educate people about the benefits of a green approach through effective communication of green principles.
Audits and reports
We will conduct bi-annual evaluations of our progress in implementing these Principles, reflecting on our progress and identifying how we can improve.
Our current green and sustainable methods
- At RelevanSi, we produce almost zero paper waste as everything is done electronically. Any paper we do use in the office is recylced or reused for notes.
- Our blogsite, website, and blog are hosted by 100% solar energy.
- Our central location means that our employees either walk or take public transport here.
- We use mostly Macs in the office. Apple claim to be more environmentally friendly, are more transparent in their environmental policy.
- We are developing our video blog project which is non-profit and aims to raise environmental awareness.
“Greening our impact”: Short-term environmental goals at RelevanSi
- Expand our recycling in the office to include plastics, cardboard and glass.
- Convert all the light bulbs in the office to Energy Saving variety.
- Implement water saving schemes in the office, including reducing flush volume flow and reducing the amount of wastage from the taps.
- Reduce the amount of heating we use.
- Produce a PDF of “Top Ten Green Tips” to distribute to clients.
“Greening our impact”: Long-term environmental goals at RelevanSi
- To support local businesses and source local products.
- To choose eco-friendly services and products where possible, including everything from printers we use for our posters and business cards to cleaning products we use in the office.
- To encourage our staff to volunteer with local charity organisations and to be involved in the green community.
- To support local and global environmental organisations.
- To move forward with our Video Blog project, eventually reaching NGO status.
- To expand our recycling practices and green ideas outside the office to first our building, then our street……spreading the green message in Buenos Aires!